Dispensary of Hope:
Dispensary of Hope (DOH) is a non-profit organization that supplies medications free of charge for patients at EHHOP. While medications have always been free for patients at EHHOP, DOH means that EHHOP will no longer have to pay for many of these medications.
For Clinicians and Patients:
Check that your patient is enrolled by looking at columns U & V on the Master Patient List.
Every patient must be enrolled to receive medications from DOH.
- If your patient is enrolled, no further action is required.
- If your patient is not enrolled, please see the enrollment instructions below.
Order medications as usual on Epic. The DOH Formulary is integrated with the EHAPP Formulary. It is divided into a "Primary Access Drug List" and a "Flexible Access Drug List". As soon as a patient is enrolled, any medication they receive that is supplied by DOH will be automatically switched to the DOH source.
Patients should still pick up medications as usual from the employee pharmacy. If this is their first time receiving medications via DOH, tell the patient not to go to the pharmacy until Tuesday. If they are receiving a medication from the Flexible Access Drug List, please make sure to email email@example.com when placing the order and let the patient know it won't be ready for 7-10 days. Otherwise, they can still go on Monday.
- CMs print DOH forms in English and Spanish and will include a reminder in morning announcements. They should also put the blue lockbox on the CM desk from the pharmacy shelf (key is inside yellow PDAP bin).
- TSs include DOH enrollment as an item on the sign-in (part of "Health Maintenance" tab) and hand out DOH forms during rounds. They can look at the Master Patient List to see if a patient needs this included.
- Seniors fill out DOH forms with patients, including the seniors' signature, and put in the blue lockbox at the CMs' desk.
- TSs confirm with seniors during sign-out that DOH form completed and mark on the Master Patient List.
- Labs TSs take the forms from the blue lockbox on the CMs'desk to the blue lockbox in the closet in the Student Lounge (key tapped on back of fridge) using these codes.
- Pharm Team Members collect the forms from the Student Lounge lockbox, upload them to the patient's EPIC account using Haiku (instructions below), and scan them to firstname.lastname@example.org (can use the library scanner or a free app like TinyScanner). This should be finished by Sunday 11:59 PM.
Using EPIC Haiku to Upload Enrollment Forms:
- Go to App Store.
- Search “Haiku”.
- Download “EPIC Haiku & Limerick” (you don't have to be on campus to do this).
- Go to your phone settings, scroll down to see Haiku, enter the following (settings might be in different location for Android):
- Server: epicsoapproxyprd.mountsinai.org
- Path: interconnect-haiku-prd
- Go back to the Haiku App.
- Log In with your EPIC username and password.
- On the bottom right of the screen, press “More”.
- Press “Search”.
- Search for the particular patient via MRN/name/etc.
- Next to the patient’s name on top of the screen, there will be a small camera icon. Press that, and choose “capture clinical media”.
- Allow Haiku to access your camera/microphone.
- Take the photo of the signed DOH document.
- Write “DOH Consent Form DD/MM/YY” in the description and save.
- Shred the physical copies of the forms in the library or in the Aron Hall lounge.