Create an MRN for a new patient
Entering New Patient Information into Cerner
- Under the "Appointment tab," click on the ellipses (…) next to “PERSON NAME”
- Type in the patient’s last name and first name in the respective fields → click SEARCH
- If the correct person doesn’t appear in the list of patients provided → clinic "Search MPI"
- If no record is found, click on ADD PERSON on the bottom right of the screen.
- Fill in the Patient Demographic Info
- Click on the Ins1 tab
- “Subscriber’s Relationship to Person” → type in SELF
- Under "Insurance 1 Health Plan:" click on “Search for Health Plan” type in “Self Pay” (under the “plan name” tab) → click Enter → choose “Self Pay” → Click OK
- Once all the Patient Info is entered, click OK → continue with scheduling the appointment