1) From your Home page, click on your In Basket tab (the middle, light blue column).
2) BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE:
- Log-in to Epic (Department = EHHOP)
- Click on In Basket
- Click on Edit Pools
- Make sure you are in the EHHOP MA Pool (box should be checked). You do not need to remove yourself from the Teaching Senior Pool. Click Accept
3) Bring HIV bin from preceptor room into Labs room.
4) Basic Labs: For questions about tubes/materials for any other labs, call 4-LABS. When placing labels on specimen tubes (blood or urine), please place them so that the short row of numbers printed at the far end of the label is sitting upright not upside down (this matters to Labs when they scan the tubes otherwise they end up having to remove each by hand and relabeling them). Also, place the label as far up on the tube as possible.
Urine: For questions, please call 4-LABS.
Sterile cups/dipsticks are found in the cabinet above the sink. Use a single-wrapped, sterile, vacuum transfer to move the urine from the cup to the yellow-topped tube.
STC = sterile top container (urine)
U2A = yellow tube (urine)
You can find the location of other supplies here.
5)If you aren't sure how to do something:
- Read through the protocol on ehhapp.org
- Ask the head TS of that day
- Call 4-LABS - they can be extremely helpful
- Call/text the Chief TS (say that it is time sensitive and an urgent call-back)
- Ask others around the clinic (often there is another TS senioring or MD/PhDs who have been around a long time and know specifics of different protocols)
To print Labs TS Manual Part 1