Please note that we are currently referring to Mount Sinai PT.
Note: For follow-up appointments, if the patient has not seen PT in over a month, a new referral is necessary.
- VNS referrals are only available for patients who have significant difficulty leaving the home or going up and down stairs.
- All VNS referrals must be approved by Chief TS and/or Dr. Meah.
- You do not need to place an order in Epic during clinic day.
- Before clinic ends, communicate the necessity and urgency of the referral to the TS.
- Inform ACT about the referral and send the patient to ACT.
- Include all VNS referrals in the referrals email and send a separate email to Chief TS and Dr. Meah to confirm patient eligibility.
- Referral does not need to be ordered in Epic during clinic day. Should only be ordered after eligibility is confirmed.
Access to Care Team
In-house charity care --> No need to see FS or REAP
- Compile following information with patient and clinical team.
- Take down names of Attending & Senior Clinician as well as phone numbers
- Wait for confirmation of patient eligibility for VNS services from Chief TS or Dr. Meah.
- Fax Notes to (212) 290-3939 only AFTER receiving confirmation from TS/Meah:
- Top Sheet: EHHOP Patient Name + recorded Care Team Info
- Other outstanding referrals
- Service required (PT, OT, Skilled Nursing Care, Medication Management)
- Medication list
- Insurance Status: Uninsured, Medicaid, In-Transition
- To follow up with VNS regarding Patient's Referral status (or confirm fax receipt) call 212-609-7500 and ask for Wendy Lugo. Mention you are a Case Manager for an EHHOP Patient.
IMPORTANT NOTE (FOR ALL):
- Include the following language in the VNS referral:
- difficulty leaving home without person due to severe debility or blindness
- difficulty getting up and down stairs or leaving home due to debility, paralysis, degenerative joint disease or severe pain
For questions, please contact the Accessory Referrals Manager: Aishwarya Raja