To upload scanned files into Epic:
- Save the file as a PDF to your desktop or another folder.
- Log into Epic in the EHHOP department.
- Click the Epic button in the top left, select "Patient Care" > "Media Manager" from the drop-down, and select the patient for which you'd like to upload media. OR, if you're already in the patient's chart, click "More Activities" at the bottom left, then "Media Manager".
- Select "Import".
- Select "Computer" on the bottom most category on the left of the screen.
- Select "Your Local Disk"--for example, "H: on macbook pro" if you are using a laptop.
- Select desktop or the folder where you initially saved the file.
- Select the file you'd like to upload and name it appropriately.
- If you've uploaded the file in reference to an office visit, telephone encounter, or student note, click the "Enc" button and select the appropriate encounter to link the file to. It will still be available to all users in the Media tab.
- You must select an option for the file type (use "Lab Result Scan" or "Other").
- Select Accept.
- The file will now be available in the Media tab of the patient's chart.
To scan files directly into Epic:
- While in Media Manager (as per above instructions, click Scan).
- Select the correct Scan Source.
- Click Start Scanning.